Robbery prevention begins with reducing opportunities!
- Install a height indicator strip on the front door frame.
- Place a workable camera at eye level inside the business, aimed at the front door.
- develop a strong store policy — Know it! Enforce It! Educate your employees!
- Be aware of your surroundings. Reduction of opportunity equals reduction of vulnerability.
Greet All Customers as They Enter
- Make eye contact.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Make transactions personal.
Be Aware of Who Is Inside the Business
- Watch for suspicious persons or activities.
Keep the Business Clean and Uncluttered
- Interior and exterior should be well lit.
- Do not block view throughout the store or outside into the parking lot wiht display items, posters or signs.
Enforce Store Policies
- Clearly posted rules eliminate confusion.
– end –