Why use our online courses to further your professional development?
(1) Students can “attend” a course at anytime, from anywhere. This means that parents can attend to their children, then sit down to study; working students can take a course no matter what their work schedule might be, folks that travel for business or pleasure can complete courses from anywhere in the world that has internet access.
(2) Course material is accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Students have the ability to read and re read lectures, discussions, explanations and comments. Often spoken material in the classroom passes students by due to a number of distractions, missed classes, tiredness or boredom.
(3) Using the internet to take courses, research information and communicate with others teaches skills in using technologies that will be critical to workers in the 21st century business community that works with colleagues globally and across time zones.
(4) Participating online is much less intimidating than “in the classroom or field.” Anonymity provides students a level playing field undisturbed by bias caused by seating arrangement, gender, race and age. In a traditional class room, the conversation could have gone way past the point where the student wants to comment.
(5) The online environment makes the course instructor more approachable. Students can talk openly with their instructor through email without waiting for office hours that may not be convenient. This option for communication provides enhanced contact between instructors and students.
(6) Because there are no geographic barriers to online learning, students can find a diversity of course material that may not be available to them where they live or work. This is especially true for the professional security industry.
(7) While “brick and mortar” institutions, academies and resident schools should never be eliminated, it’s easy to see why a growing number of people are attending class in the cyber world. They may be reasons of accessibility, flexibility or affordability, all compelling and contributing to the attractiveness of this mode of learning.
– end –